Welcome to the Canadian Association for Baptist Freedoms!
We seek to be a safe and welcoming environment in which Baptists can share all concerns and points of view without fear of being marginalised.
The CABF is a Canada-wide fellowship composed of both individuals and Churches. Currently, our member Churches are located in Nova Scotia and Ontario, but we are open to receiving new members from any province or territory - click here for details.
The CABF was organized in 1971 as the Atlantic Baptist Fellowship by individuals and Churches who wanted to bear witness to the historic Baptist principles of freedom and to continue involvement with non-Baptist communions in joint worship, social action and ecumenical discussions. The name change came with incorporation in 2012.
The Memorandum of Association clearly states our objectives:
1. To witness to the freedom implicit in the voluntary principle in religion, which is a
fundamental tenet of historic identity.
2. To affirm and celebrate Baptist participation in, and witness to, the whole visible,
catholic and evangelical church of Jesus Christ;
3. To promote peace and understanding amongst people of all faiths;
4. To provide a forum for the discussion of doctrinal and ethical questions, and social
issues and policies in that spirit of tolerance and mutual respect which issues from
5. To bear witness to these objectives with and among Baptists regionally as well as
nationally and internationally;
6. To provide accreditation for clergy and chaplains;
7. To associate and co-operate with other like-minded organizations, such as but not limited
to the Canadian Council of Churches, The Gathering of
Baptists, Canadian Baptists Ministries and the Alliance of Baptists.
Join us today!